Students in a University Library

Language requirements

To be admitted to any course in Australia and meet student visa requirements, all international students from non-English speaking backgrounds are required toprovide evidence of english language proficiency.

As proof of this, students will be required to submit evidence of required English-proficiency score specific to your course.

Students can undertake the following English-proficiency tests:

  • Pearson Test of English (PTE) Academic test
  • Cambridge Advanced English (CAE) test

Whilst IELTS and TOEFL are accepted across most higher education institutions, our team will advise you of which test and what test scores are required depending on your course and institution selection.

Depending on the nature and level of your prior study, you may be be exempt from providing evidence of english language proficiency for your selected course. However, you may still be required to provide evidence of engligh language proficiency for visa purposes.

Please note that language requirements for student visas may differ from your education provider, and our team will be on hand to advise you on these requirements.